|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric pottery and medieval vessel|
A fragment of Neolithic or Iron Age pottery and a late medieval or early post medieval copper alloy vessel found during metal detecting and fieldwalking.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 02 41|
|Parish:||LANGHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
First half of 1999. Metal detecting.
Late post medieval and modern metal finds only, apart from a fragment of rim of cast copper alloy vessel, late medieval/early post medieval.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 30 December 1999.
February 2002. Fieldwalking. 
Pottery sherd (?Neolithic, ?prehistoric, ?Iron Age), soft, reduced, yellowish brown exterior, profusely flint gritted (up to 7mm), weighing 7g.
Seen by S. Percival (NAU).
A. Rogerson (NLA), 24 September 2002.
- FINDSPOT (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- POT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- VESSEL (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- VESSEL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...