|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Bronze Age axehead and multi-period finds|
Metal detecting recovered a complete Bronze Age looped socketed axe, a possible fragment of another Bronze Age socketed axe, pieces of prehistoric worked flint and medieval and post medieval finds.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 35 16|
|Parish:||HORNING, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Up to May 1998. Metal detecting.
Middle Bronze Age socketed axe, possible fragment of another.
Prehistoric worked flint.
Medieval and post medieval metal finds.
See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 15 June 1999.
- FINDSPOT (Lower Palaeolithic to Post Medieval - 500000 BC to 1900 AD)
- FLAKE (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- BORER (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Early Neolithic - 4000 BC to 3001 BC)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- SOCKETED AXEHEAD (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- SOCKETED AXEHEAD (Late Bronze Age - 1000 BC to 701 BC)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BUTTON (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- RIVET (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
Related records - none
Find out more...