|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Old Jolly Farmers, Yaxham Road, Toftwood|
This late 17th century timber framed house was converted into a pub in the 19th century and back into a house again in 1954. The house is clad in early 18th century brick and has a thatched roof. The building has one storey and dormer. The interior is on a three cell plan.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 9977 1192|
|Parish:||DEREHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
The Old Jolly Farmers, Yaxham Road, Toftwood.
Late in 17th century house converted to a pub 19th century and to house again in 1954. Timber framed, clad in early 18th century brick, thatched. One storey and dormer (two eyebrows). Ridge stack in line with door. Interior is on three cell plan; tongue stopped beam west of stack, stairs north of stack, centre room with tongue stopped spine beam, two east service rooms; lobby entrance south of stack. Jowled principal studs. Roof has one roder of butt purlins.
Information from (S1).
E. Rose (NLA), 29 November 1999.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- TIMBER FRAMED BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 2004. Appeal that lives on. 20 February. |
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N and Wilson, W. 1999. Norfolk 2: North-West and South. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 296. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|---||Designation: English Heritage. 1990-2013. English Heritage Listing Notification. Notification. DNF3492. |
|<S1>||Unpublished Document: Rose, E.. 1983. Building Report.. Building Report. |
Related records - none
Find out more...