|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Royal Observer Corps post|
A Royal Observer Corps post, which opened in 1960, and closed in 1991. The building has original black and grey paint.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 1144 8085|
|Parish:||ROYDON (NEAR DISS), SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Royal Observer Corps post.
Marked on (S1).
No other details known but probably Cold War origin.
E. Rose (NLA) 28 July 1999.
Indeed, this dates from June 1960 and closed 1991.
Surface features intact with original black and grey paint.
One telegraph pole.
Interior not seen.
E. Rose (NLA) July 2000.
- ROYAL OBSERVER CORPS SITE (Mid 20th Century to Late 20th Century - 1960 AD to 1991 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Map: Ordnance Survey. 2000. OS 1:10000(revised 2000). |
|<S2>||Article in Serial: Catford, N.. 1999. ROC Underground Posts in Norfolk.. NIAS Journal. Vol 6, No 4. pp 59ff. |
Related records - none
Find out more...