|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of Bawsey Brickworks|
This is the site of a post medieval brickworks that closed in 1942.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 6804 1962|
|Parish:||BAWSEY, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Closed down in 1942. One horse had operated the clay sled, mixer, and the well draw! Traces of a railway connection still visible
Information from (S1).
E. Rose (NAU).
June 1981. Visit.
Apparently now used as a woodyard, close inspection was not possible.
E. Rose (NAU) 17 June 1981.
September 2007. ALSF NHER Enhancement Sub-Unit D.
The brickworks were linked to the Leziate Quarry Tramway (NHER 13582).
M. Dennis (NLA) 20 September 2007.
- BRICKWORKS (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Archive: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Post-Medieval. Leziate. |
|<S1>||Archive: NIAS. Norfolk Industrial Archaeology Society Records. |
|13582||Related to: Route of Leziate Quarry Tramway (Monument)|
Find out more...