Record Details

NHER Number:33500
Type of record:Building
Name:Limetree Farm

Summary

A farm dates to the post medieval period. The 17th century timber framed farmhouse has a moulded beam, an off centre chimneystack and 19th century brick cladding. The associated early 19th century farm buildings form an important group. They comprise a barn, stables and cart shed and are constructed of clay lump on brick bases.

Images - none

Location

Grid Reference:TM 1485 9361
Map Sheet:TM19SW
Parish:FORNCETT, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK

Full description

Long Stratton Road, Forncett St Peter.

(S1) notes house is 17th century withn ovolo moulded beams and offcentre stack though clad in 19th century brickwork. Farm buildings, also listed in (S1), are noted in (S2) as a rare survival of complete clay lump farmstead of 1840s, standing on brick bases. Includes early 19th century barn, stables, cart shed, all listed (S1).
E. Rose (NLA), 9 March 1998.

Photographs (S3) in file.

Monument Types

  • FARMSTEAD (Post Medieval to Modern - 1600 AD to 2050 AD)
  • HOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1600 AD to 2050 AD)
  • TIMBER FRAMED BUILDING (Post Medieval to Modern - 1600 AD to 2050 AD)
  • BARN (Post Medieval to Modern - 1800 AD to 2050 AD)
  • CART SHED (Post Medieval to Modern - 1800 AD to 2050 AD)
  • HAYLOFT (Post Medieval to Modern - 1800 AD to 2050 AD)
  • STABLE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1800 AD to 2050 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building
  • Listed Building
  • Listed Building
  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Secondary File: Secondary file.
<S1>Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest.
<S2>Monograph: 1998. The East Anglian Farm Understanding Listing.. English Heritage.
<S3>Photograph: South Norfolk District Council. 1999. Photocopies of photographs.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2019 Norfolk Historic Environment Service