|Type of record:||Building|
This early 19th century rectory has three bays and two storeys built of gault brick. There is a pediment over the projecting central bay. Human remains were found here during excavations for a modern extension. These were probably redeposited from the adjacent graveyard.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 6662 2494|
|Parish:||CASTLE RISING, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
September 1979. Visit.
Rectory. Early 19th century. Three bays, two storeys, brick; centred bay slightly projecting with pediment; broad panelled angle strips.
E. Rose (NAU), 20 September 1979.
Built 1810 according to (S1).
E. Rose (NAU), 12 July 1989.
Now known as the Hall, but not the original hall.
Salvage record by E. Rose (NAU) of human remains found in building extension - probably redeposited from churchyard. See details and (S2) in file.
E. Rose (NAU), 25 January 1990.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Sources and further reading
|---||Graphic material: Various. Various. Architectural plans.. |
|---||Monograph: Castle Rising History Group. 2010. The Ancient Borough of Castle Rising: from prehistory to the present day.. |
|---||Archive: Heywood S. (HES). Norfolk County Council Site Visit Record - Old Rectory, Castle Rising. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
|<S2>||Map: Finder's Map.. |
Related records - none
Find out more...