|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||World War Two spigot mortar emplacement at Egmere|
This World War Two spigot mortar emplacement was built in 1940. It has a shiny stainless steel pin which was used to hold the gun in place.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 9084 3746|
|Parish:||WALSINGHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Situated on edge of copse 10m southwest of NHER 19720.
Common 1940 spigot mortar gun emplacement with shiny pintel.
D. Walker (NLA) July 1996.
- SPIGOT MORTAR EMPLACEMENT (World War Two - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: Kent, P.. 1995. KHH 10A. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Unpublished document: Norfolk Defensive Structures Survey record form. |
Related records - none
Find out more...