|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Fieldwalking recovered a variety of finds from this site including prehistoric worked flints, pottery dating from the Roman to the post medieval period and post medieval roof tile.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 3797 2104|
|Parish:||CATFIELD, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1996. Fieldwalking by Norfolk Archaeological and Historical Research Group over area four fields on Ordnance Survey.
Roman, Middle Saxon, Late Saxon, medieval and post medieval sherds.
Post medieval tiles and other finds.
See lists in file by A. Rogerson (NLA).
E. Rose (NLA), 19 December 1996.
- FINDSPOT (Lower Palaeolithic to Roman - 500000 BC to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Middle Saxon to Post Medieval - 651 AD to 1900 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- ROOF TILE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Article in serial: Gurney, D. and Penn, K. (eds). 1997. Excavations and Surveys in Norfolk 1996. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XLII Pt IV pp 547-564. p 550. |
|---||Article in serial: Gurney, D. and Penn, K. (eds). 1998. Excavations and Surveys in Norfolk 1997. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XLIII Pt I pp 193-210. p 195. |
Related records - none
Find out more...