|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Old Stores, Bailey Street|
A post medieval house containing reused medieval stonework.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 8183 1503|
|Parish:||CASTLE ACRE, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Reused medieval stonework, almost certainly from the priory but possibly including some from the castle.
Blocked doorway at south end of this building externally of late date is sealed up with reused stone blocks.
Along garden path on north of house is a large number of colonettes, capitals, carved fragments etc. which the owner states came 'mostly' from Stamford.
E. Rose (NLA) 9 November 1994.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...