|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Post medieval cottages and earthworks|
The ruins of post medieval cottages, an outbuilding and a well survive within a grassy field. In an adjacent field are a bank, a possible ditch and possible quarry pits. The ditch and bank may represent a field boundary or the remnants of a hollow way.
Images - none
Two grass fields, west of Church Farm.
Western one has north-to-south linear depression and east to west bank, suggesting a hollow way or associated field boundary, possibly leading to derelict Woodgate Farm to north. Both features truncated by the present track and arable land to west. Substantial area of extraction pits in centre east of field suggests clay pits.
Eastern field has remnants of post medieval cottages, standing outbuilding and well, with boundary ditch on west as earthwork. 20th century desertion.
B. Cushion (NLA), 11 July 1994.
- BOUNDARY (Undated)
- CLAY PIT (Undated)
- DITCH (Undated)
- HOLLOW WAY (Undated)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...