|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Fieldwalking and metal detecting recovered finds dating from the Roman to the post medieval period. These include a possible Roman lead weight, Roman and medieval building materials and undated metal working waste. Pieces of Roman, medieval and post medieval pot were also found.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 87 12|
|Parish:||LITTLE DUNHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
January 1994. Generally located finds. Field 12.
Roman and medieval sherds.
Roman brick and tile, medieval roofing tile.
See list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 16 February 1994.
Autumn 1994. Further fieldwalking. 's numbers 1-4.
Roman greyware (including coarse Nar Valley types): nine rims/rim fragments predominantly jars; one probably lid rim; two bowl/dish rims; two bases and thirty three body sherds.
One scrap East Anglian mortarium.
One flanged bowl rim and three body sherds medieval unglazed.
One glazed Grimston.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 10 October 1994.
October 1994. Metal detecting finds.
Eight pieces of molten bronze, weight 104g ?date ?Roman.
Lead weight, truncated conical, weight 36g, central hole, ?date ?Roman.
Roman greyware: two jar rims, one bowl rim, five body sherds.
One body sherd Roman red-slipped oxidised.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 1 December 1994.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- METAL WORKING DEBRIS (Undated)
- WEIGHT (Undated)
- BRICK (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- METAL WORKING DEBRIS (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- MORTARIUM (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- TILE (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- WEIGHT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- ROOF TILE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...