|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Metal-detecting between 1993 and 2013 recovered Late Iron Age, Roman, Late Saxon and medieval coins; a medieval jetton and a token and a number of other metal objects. The metal objects include a remarkable example of a Late Bronze Age or Early Iron Age copper alloy brooch; Roman brooches; a medieval lace tag, strap end and buckle and a post-medieval spur, annular brooch and buckle.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||Not displayed|
|Parish:||FINCHAM, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
April 1993. Metal-detecting. .
Edward I penny.
Henry III cut halfpenny.
Henry VI halfpenny.
See list in file.
Identified by J. Davies (NCM) 29 July 1993.
W. Milligan (NCM) 8 July 1993.
Before 15 July 1998. Metal-detecting. .
Silver lace tag of Type 1 with ?leather lace held by transverse rivet (now missing). The top is decoratively notched and there is a pair of transverse grooves either side of the rivet hole. Length 52mm. 15th to 17th century.
Disclaimed as Treasure 28 October 2000.
A. Rogerson (NLA) 27 October 2000.
Before 15 December 2000. Metal-detecting.
Remarkable Late Bronze Age/Early Iron Age bow brooch, (S1).
2 Roman brooches.
Medieval strap end.
See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 9 July 2001.
May 2013. Metal-detecting. .
Site extended 135m to the north-east, 35m to the south-west and 20m to the west.
1 Late Iron Age coin.
1 medieval coin and buckle.
Post-medieval copper alloy spur, buckle and annular brooch.
Information from PAS import.
A. Beckham (HES), 30 May 2013.
May 2019. Metal-detecting. Site extended to the whole field. .
DB052019 - PAS details to follow.
A. Beckham (HES), 10 May 2019.
- FINDSPOT (Late Bronze Age to Early Iron Age - 1000 BC to 401 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Late Iron Age - 100 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BROOCH (Late Bronze Age to Early Iron Age - 1000 BC to 401 BC)
- COIN (Late Iron Age - 50 BC to 20 BC)
- BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- BROOCH (Roman - 55 AD to 80 AD)
- COIN (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- JETTON (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- LACE TAG (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- STRAP END (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- TOKEN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (12th Century - 1136 AD to 1145 AD)
- BUCKLE (12th Century to 14th Century - 1200 AD to 1400 AD)
- COIN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- LACE TAG (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BUCKLE (16th Century to 17th Century - 1550 AD to 1650 AD)
- SPUR (16th Century to 17th Century - 1600 AD to 1700 AD)
- ANNULAR BROOCH (18th Century to 19th Century - 1754 AD to 1835 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Hoyle, M.. 2000. Drawing of a Late Bronze Age/Early Iron Age hinged bow brooch.. Film. 2:1. |
Related records - none
Find out more...