|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Multi-period finds scatter|
Fieldwalking on this site has identified several concentrations of Roman and medieval pottery. Other finds include a whetstone made of Norwegian ragstone two fragments of prehistoric pottery, one prehistoric worked flint and ironworking slag. There are also many prehistoric burnt flints.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 0948 9549|
|Parish:||BESTHORPE, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
June 1992. Surface finds.
Roman, medieval sherds, hone, animal tooth, pot boilers.
See file for details
Inf and penes 
D. Gurney (NLA), 9 June 1992
August 1993. Fieldwalking finds.
Area greatly extended from area of earlier finds (June 1992, 'Site 1' = new Context 1) and from nine other 'sites' in this field (Contexts 2-10).
Two pot boiler scatters, scatters of Roman and medieval sherds and miscellaneous other finds.
See (S1) and list in file.
D.Gurney (NLA) 26 August 1993.
- BURNT MOUND (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- ANIMAL REMAINS (Undated)
- BRICK (Undated)
- BRIQUETAGE (Undated)
- METAL WORKING DEBRIS (Undated)
- MOLLUSCA REMAINS (Undated)
- QUERN (Undated)
- TILE (Undated)
- WHETSTONE (Undated)
- FLAKE (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT BOILER (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BUCKLE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BUTTON (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- HARNESS (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- VESSEL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- WINDOW GLASS (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Map: Finder's Map.. |
Related records - none
Find out more...