|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Iron Age terret and Roman disc|
A fragment of an Iron Age terret and a copper alloy Roman disc found during metal detecting.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 79 22|
|Parish:||GREAT MASSINGHAM, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Iron Age terret fragment.
Roman partly melted copper alloy decorated disc.
Identified by A. Gregory (NAU) 20 June 1990.
W. Milligan (NCM) 15 May 1990.
(S1) - PAS details to follow.
E. McDonald (HES), 08 October 2019
- FINDSPOT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- HARNESS (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- DISC (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- BUCKLE (14th Century to 15th Century - 1400 AD to 1500 AD)
- CLOTH SEAL (16th Century to 17th Century - 1600 AD to 1700 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: NCC Find Identification and Recording Service. c. 1975-2000. HES Find Polaroid Collection. HES Find Polaroid Collection. polaroid. black and white. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Gibbons, J. 2017. Drawing of a Roman figurine fragment. Find Illustration. Film. 2:1. |
Related records - none
Find out more...