|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flakes and medieval and post medieval pottery|
Prehistoric flint flakes and fragments of medieval and post medieval pottery have been found during fieldwalking.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 9757 1688|
|Parish:||GRESSENHALL, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Fieldwalking of OS (1928) field 18 yielded one flint flake, one post medieval black glazed pottery sherd, one glazed red earthenware sherd, and one late post medieval stoneware sherd.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 20 October 1992.
24 February 1988. Staff Fieldwalking.
Rapid walk of field was undertaken while it was under winter cereal. Transects at about 20m intervals under medium conditions yielded 3 flint flakes and one rim sherd of late medieval or early post medieval pottery from the southern end of the field.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 25 September 1991.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FLAKE (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...