|Type of record:||Find Spot|
A Roman brooch, an Early Saxon brooch, and a medieval and a post medieval coin, found by metal detecting.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 68 06|
|Parish:||FINCHAM, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1989. Found with metal detecting.
Colchester derivative brooch.
6th century small long brooch, (S1).
Irish penny Edward I, III or II, CIVITAS DUBLINIE.
Elizabeth I penny i.m. cross crosslet 1560 to 61, London mint.
Identified by S. Margeson (NCM)
W. Milligan (NCM) 26 January 1990
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Early Saxon - 410 AD to 650 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- BROOCH (Early Saxon - 411 AD to 650 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: NCC Find Identification and Recording Service. c. 1975-2000. HES Find Polaroid Collection. HES Find Polaroid Collection. polaroid. black and white. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Penn, K.. 1990. Drawing of an Early Saxon small long brooch.. Film. 2:1. |
Related records - none
Find out more...