|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period finds scatter|
Pottery dating from the Iron Age to the medieval period, a medieval buckle and copper alloy cauldron, found by metal detecting.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 81 14|
|Parish:||CASTLE ACRE, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1990. Found with metal detecting.
Late medieval copper alloy cauldron rim.
Medieval copper alloy rectangular sheet buckle plate.
One bead and flange bowl rim Roman greyware; 1 jar rim and 5 bodysherds Roman greyware.
One base Ipswich sandy and 1 bodysherd Ipswich pimply ware.
4 glazed Grimston and 5 medieval unglazed.
Post medieval finds not recorded.
Identified A. Rogerson (NLA) 4 June 1990.
1994 to 1996. Metal detecting. Southwest corner of field.
No significant metal finds.
A. Rogerson identified: 1 bs dark grey with brownish ext., profuse fine white angular grits, ?Iron Age and 2 bases pimply Ipswich.
A. Rogerson (NLA) 1 June 1999.
- FINDSPOT (Early Iron Age to Roman - 800 BC to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- BUCKLE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- CAULDRON (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...