|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Late Saxon and medieval finds|
Metal detecting recovered a Late Saxon brooch, a fragment of a Late Saxon box mount with moulded decoration of an animal, a medieval mount and a possible medieval double disc personal ornament.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 34 09|
|Parish:||BLOFIELD, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
1989. Metal detecting.
Late Saxon (S1) and medieval metalwork items.
E. Rose (NAU), 25 June 1990.
1990. Metal detecting.
A. Rogerson (NAU), 17 July 1990.
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon to Medieval - 851 AD to 1539 AD)
- BOX (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- BROOCH (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- MOUNT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- MOUNT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- PERSONAL ORNAMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|---||Collection: Norfolk Historic Environment Record Staff. 1975-. HER Record Notes. Norfolk Historic Environment Service. |
|---||Photograph: EWZ 12-13, FHL30-1, FHR17-19. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Penn, K.. 1989. Drawing of a fragment of a Late Saxon box mount.. Film. 2:1. |
Related records - none
Find out more...