|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi - period finds|
Fieldwalking and metal detecting in 1988 recovered prehistoric worked flints, a piece of prehistoric hammerstone, fragments of medieval pottery and a medieval gilt belt plate with a surviving piece of textile attached.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 15 85|
|Parish:||GISSING, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Along north side strip of woodland. Fieldwalking and metal detecting.
13th century gilt belt plate with five rivets, one missing and a little textile. (S1).
Two sherds both green glazed Grimston.
Four flakes, one possibly a scraper and broken hammerstone (J. Wymer NAU).
W. Milligan (NCM), 12 October 1988.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FLAKE (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- HAMMERSTONE (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- TEXTILE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Photograph: I&RS. Finds Polaroid. Polaroid. |
Related records - none
Find out more...