|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Neolithic and medieval finds|
Fieldwalking in this area during 1988 recovered Neolithic flint artefacts, including scrapers and an arrowhead, as well as sherds of medieval pottery.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 1480 9326|
|Parish:||FORNCETT, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
January 1988. Fieldwalking. OS field 496, called Le Herber in AD 1565.
Three flint flakes, two scrapers, leaf arrowhead.
Information from member of the public .
Identified by J. Wymer (NAU) and W. Milligan (NCM).
W. Milligan (NCM), 1 February 1988.
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FLAKE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- LEAF ARROWHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...