|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||St John's Eau or Downham Eau|
The site of a 17th century watercourse, known as St John's Eau or Downham Eau, designed by Vermuyden in 1642. It was destroyed in the 1950s during the construction of a new relief channel.
Images - none
St John's Eau or Downham Eau.
Designed by Vermuyden in 1642 to take flood water from the South level and return it to the Lower Ouse; later abandoned.
Destroyed by flood relief channel built in the 1950s.
E. Rose (NAU).
- WATERCOURSE (17th Century to Mid 20th Century - 1642 AD to 1950 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Record Card: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Post-Medieval. Wimbotsham. |
Related records - none
Find out more...