Record Details

NHER Number:23495
Type of record:Building
Name:Home Farm (formerly Upper and Hill Farm)


This early 17th century timber framed three cell and stack house has two storeys and an attic. A later brick south cross wing has been dated to 1837 but locally is thought to date to the 1920s.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TM 2828 8694
Map Sheet:TM28NE

Full description

Early 17th century three cell and stack house, two storeys and attic, timber framed. Later brick south cross wing dated 1837. Restored. Grade II.
See (S1) and (S2).
E. Rose (NAU), 3 April 1987.

Monument Types

  • HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
  • TIMBER FRAMED BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Secondary File: Secondary file.
<S1>Unpublished document: E. Rose. 1987. Building Report.. 30 November.
<S2>Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2019 Norfolk Historic Environment Service