|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Roman, medieval and post medieval finds scatter|
Roman greyware pottery, medieval pottery, medieval and post medieval coins, and a medieval harness pendant, found by metal detecting.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 40 10|
|Parish:||ACLE, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
Autumn 1986. Found on spoil heaps of building site, old recreation ground surface and metal detecing finds.
Badly worn and very flimsy small oval gilt bronze harness pendant.
Short cross silver halfpenny, Winchester mint (ON.WINC)
Twenty one sherds of medieval unglazed, including 13th-14th century rims, and one late medieval or early post medieval sherd.
A. Gregory (NAU) 4 December 1986.
Early 1987. Circumstances of discovery as above:
2 Roman greyware sherds.
3 medieval unglazed sherds including a strap-handle.
1 sherd late medieval/early post medieval.
Sterling imitation of Gaucher of Chatillon, Count of Porcien, Yves mint AD 1313 to 1322.
James I silver half groat.
A. Gregory (NAU) 7 September 1987.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to Post Medieval - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- HARNESS (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...