|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Probable medieval strap fittings and Middle Saxon to medieval pottery|
Two probable medieval strap fittings and fragments of Middle Saxon, Late Saxon and medieval pottery were found by metal detecting and fieldwalking in this area.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 71 23|
|Parish:||CONGHAM, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
January 1986. Metal detecting and fieldwalking.
Copper alloy belt fitting, two undecorated sheets with one rivet, probably medieval
Copper alloy belt fitting, lozengiform, medieval.
One sherd pimply Ipswich.
Six Thetford type sherds.
Five medieval unglazed.
One Glazed Grimston.
I.D. S. Margeson (NCM) and A. Rogerson (NAU).
A. Rogerson (NAU), 17 February 1986.
- FINDSPOT (Middle Saxon to Medieval - 651 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- UNIDENTIFIED OBJECT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: CXJ 15-19. |
Related records - none
Find out more...