|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||The Old Cottage, The Green|
A small flint and brick cottage, probably dating the early 17th century, with 19th century alterations. The cottages contains reused medieval stonework, probably taken from St Mary's Priory, Coxford, NHER 3632.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 8270 2813|
|Parish:||EAST RUDHAM, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Listed as 'Cottage east of Bank Cottage'.
Small flint and brick cottage with gable stack.
Fireplace has jamb of medieval shaped stone, probably reused from Coxford Priory.
Otherwise house probably of about 1600, altered and extended in the early 19th century.
See (S1) and (S2).
E. Rose (NAU) 17 December 1985.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- TIMBER FRAMED HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|---||Collection: Norfolk Historic Environment Record Staff. 1975-. HER Record Notes. Norfolk Historic Environment Service. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1077785. |
|<S2>||Unpublished Document: E. Rose. 1985. Building Report.. Building Report. |
Related records - none
Find out more...