|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Roman, Late Saxon and post-medieval finds|
Sporadic metal-detecting in 1985 and 2013 recovered a medieval coin as well as Roman, Late Saxon and post-medieval metal objects. The metal finds include an unidentified copper-alloy object made from a fragment of an early Roman bracelet; a Late Saxon disc brooch and strap-end and a 16th or 17th century copper alloy finger ring.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 21 25|
|Parish:||AYLSHAM, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
10th to 11th century copper alloy disc brooch, square with corner drawn into knots part of fixing for pin and catchplate remains in back.
16th/17th century copper alloy finger ring.
I.D. S. Margeson (NCM).
W. F. Milligan (NCM), April 1985.
January-February 2011. Metal-detecting.
Late Saxon strap-end.
See description in file.
A. Rogerson (HES), 23 March 2011.
1 June 2013. Metal-detecting.
Unidentified copper-alloy object made from a fragment of an early Roman bracelet.
1 medieval coin.
Information from PAS import.
A. Beckham (HES), 1 August 2013.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (12th Century - 1158 AD to 1161 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BRACELET (Roman - 43 AD to 100 AD)
- BROOCH (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- STRAP END (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- COIN (12th Century - 1158 AD to 1161 AD)
- FINGER RING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: I & RS. Digital finds image. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Photograph: NLA. Finds Photograph. |
Related records - none
Find out more...