|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Old King's Head, Great Green|
This timber framed hall house dates to the late to middle 16th century. An upper floor and stack and a three storey parlour end were added in the 17th century. Later the service bay was demolished and the building was clad in brick. Two rear outshuts were added around 1800.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 2802 8980|
|Parish:||DENTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Hall house, late to middle 16th century; inserted upper floor and stack, and three storey parlour end of early 17th century; service bay demolished; clad in brick and altered around 1800.
E. Rose (NAU), 23 May 1985.
- HALL HOUSE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- HOUSE (Medieval to Post Medieval - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|---||Photograph: CVS 9-17. |
|<S1>||Unpublished document: E. Rose. 1985. Building Report.. |
Related records - none
Find out more...