|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Pottery of unknown date|
A fragment of pottery found by fieldwalking, the date of which is uncertain. It could be Roman, Late Saxon or medieval.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 1197 8175|
|Parish:||HEYWOOD, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Winter 1983 to 1984. Found on surface of ploughed field, exact location unknown, but field centred at NGR above.
One sherd coarse pottery, probably Roman, but could be Thetford type or medieval.
A. Gregory (NAU) 14 December 1984
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...