|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Manor Farm House|
A 17th century flint and brick house, which was remodelled in the 17th century and in the late 19th century. The house has late 17th century cross windows. The farm buildings date to the early 19th century, and one building, now known as the dovecote, has gun loopholes from World War Two.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 7662 3709|
|Parish:||DOCKING, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
House, brick, flint and clunch.
Probably of about 1600 mostly remodelled in about 1680 and the 1890s.
Farm buildings of about 1800 possibly with loopholes from World War Two.
E. Rose (NLA) 5 July 1994.
The house has late 17th century cross windows, and a 19th century brick porch with an arched entrance and battlemented parapet.
S. Spooner (NLA) 26 October 2005
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- PILLBOX (World War Two - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N and Wilson, W. 1999. Norfolk 2: North-West and South. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 308. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Unpublished Document: Rose, E.. 1994. Building Report.. Building Report. |
|<S2>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1342330. |
Related records - none
Find out more...