|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Post Office House and Chapel Corner|
Post Office House was a 16th century two storey timber framed house that was partly burnt down around 1860. It was repaired and extended with brick. This lower extension, called Chapel Corner, is now a separate property.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 2797 8841|
|Parish:||DENTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
16th century two storeyed timber framed house with screens passage plan part burnt down about 1860 and replaced with brick building (Chapel Corner).
E. Rose (NAU), 17 August 1984.
17th century timber-frame house, roughcast. Steep pantile roof with gabled ends. Internal brick stack at north end. Two storeys and attic (attic window in end gable). Two window range. 19th century sashes with vertical glazing bars only. Glazed door off centre. Late 19th century single-storey shop premises adjoining south.
Information from (S2).
M. Dennis (NLA), 7 September 2006.
- HOUSE (Medieval to Modern - 1500 AD? to 2050 AD)
- TIMBER FRAMED HOUSE (Medieval to Modern - 1500 AD? to 2050 AD)
- SHOP (Post Medieval to Modern - 1850 AD to 2050 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Unpublished document: Rose, E.. 1984. Building Report.. |
|<S2>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
Related records - none
Find out more...