|Type of record:||Building|
This timber framed house dates from 1581 and was extended and re-roofed in 1732. The L-shaped building stands on a brick plinth and has a main façade of three bays and two storeys. Inside there is an open brick fireplace.
Images - none
House dating from 1581 extended 1732. Timber frame on brick plinth, and brick. L-shaped; main facade three bays two storeys. East gable wall with flint panels, brick kneeler, date stone, internal stack. Open brick fireplace with bressumer. 16th century wall framing with expanded topped posts. Inserted axial beam across Hall supported over fireplace by 17th century moulded timber bracket. Floor joists and beams stopped and chamfered. Roof of 1732.
Information from (S1).
E. Rose (nau), 12 March 1984.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- TIMBER FRAMED BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N. and Wilson, B. 1997. Norfolk 1: Norwich and North-East. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 569. |
|<s1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. |
Related records - none
Find out more...