|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Old White Horse|
Originally a 17th century cottage, extended in 1743, (from a date plaque on the north gable), this building became a public house in the 19th century, when it was massively modernised and re-clad. Two horse harness rings remain in the west façade from its days as a pub, and beneath one of these, there are marks made by horses pawing the ground.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 0379 3432|
|Parish:||BRININGHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Former Public House. 17th century cottage, extended 1743 and reclad in 19th century.
See (S1) in file.
E. Rose (NAU), 5 October 1983.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- INN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Unpublished document: E. Rose. 1983. Building Report.. |
Related records - none
Find out more...