|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Fieldwalking and metal detecting in 1983 and 1984 recovered prehistoric worked flints, fragments of Iron Age, Roman, Late Saxon and medieval pottery and an undated possible cauldron foot.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 01 12|
|Parish:||DEREHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
June 1983 and 1984. Found on surface of ploughed field.
Iron Age pottery.
Late Saxon pottery.
A. Gregory (NAU), 24 June 1983.
1 November 1984. Fieldwalking and metal detecting.
Medieval bowl rim sherd, unglazed.
Lead object of unknown date or function, resembles cauldron foot.
W. Milligan (NCM), 8 November 1984.
- FINDSPOT (Unknown date)
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- CAULDRON (Undated)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|---||Collection: Norfolk Historic Environment Record Staff. 1975-. HER Record Notes. Norfolk Historic Environment Service. |
Related records - none
Find out more...