|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Hill Farm House|
This L plan 17th century house has a façade with three bays, two storeys and attics. The entrance was originally in the centre of the façade. The north facade was rebuilt in the 19th century.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 1322 1162|
|Parish:||EASTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
April 1983. Listed, Grade II.
Hill Farm House.
L plan 17th century house with central stack to main wing. Façade two storeys and attics, three bays. Entrance originally in centre to form lobby entrance. Restored mullions and transoms. Rusticated brick quoins and brick cornice. North facade 19th century rebuild. West gable has blocked window retaining mullions? 17th century roof with collar and tie beams. West wing has two trusses with wallposts on south only. Original two storey spiral stair by stack, with facetted cap on top newel.
Information from (S1).
E. Rose (NAU), 17 June 1983.
Probably the 'Mill Farmhouse' briefly described in (S2).
H. Mellor (HES), 26 April 2016.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1373015. |
|<S2>||Monograph: Pevsner, N and Wilson, W. 1999. Norfolk 2: North-West and South. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 323. |
Related records - none
Find out more...