|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Town Farm House|
This 17th century flint two storey building has the upper storey heightened in clunch. There is a full height clunch extension on the west. This was probably built at the same date as the main house. The 18th century windows in the building cut the brick frames of the original 17th century windows. The four chimneys are not original.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 7917 4424|
|Parish:||BRANCASTER, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
House opposite Dial House - Town Farm House.
Flint, two storeys, the upper storey heightened in clunch. A full height clunch extension on west, of same date? 18th century windows in heightening cut the brick frames of original 17th century windows. There is also a small staircase or closet window beside the stack on the upper floor at original west end. Ground floor windows similarly altered. Four angled chimneys, rebuilt in modern brick, sit across the join between the house and extension and therefore are unlikely to all
E. Rose (NAU), 30 June 1982.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N and Wilson, W. 1999. Norfolk 2: North-West and South. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 213. |
Related records - none
Find out more...