|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Dial House, brewery and barn|
Dial House was formerly the Victory pub. It and the nearby barn are probably early 17th century and constructed with some reused materials from the Branodunum, the Roman fort (NHER 1001). The building was extended and altered about 1700 and again in at least three periods in the 19th or 20th century. The rear wing is a former brewery but has earlier origins in the late 18th century. The barn was much altered in the 19th century.
|Grid Reference:||TF 7918 4436|
|Parish:||BRANCASTER, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
House, former Victory Public House, with brewery and barn probably early 17th century, constructed with some reused materials from the Roman fort. Extended and altered about 1700, again in at least three periods in 19th or 20th century.
Rear wing former brewery but has earlier origins in late 18th century. Barn, partly also of reused Roman material but much altered 19th century.
See (S1), (S2) and (S3) in file.
E. Rose (NLA), 26 February 1996.
Further report when building restored 1998.
E. Rose (NLA), 27 January 1998.
October 2011. Planning Application.
Erection of new internal staff shower facilites.
Z. Dack (HES), 2 November 2011.
- BARN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BREWERY (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- INN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: HKL 8-13. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Unpublished Document: E. Rose. 1996. Building Report.. |
|<S2>||Graphic Material: Various. Various. Architectural plans.. |
|<S3>||Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 1983. Eastern Daily Press. 3 November 1983. |
|<S4>||Unpublished Document: Rose, E.. 1998. Building Report.. |
|<S5>||Unpublished Document: 2011. Planning Application. 20111306. |
Related records - none
Find out more...