|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period finds scatter|
Fieldwalking on the site of the proposed new bypass recovered undated metal working debris, Late Saxon medieval and post medieval pottery and post medieval clay pipe and roof tile. The exact location of the fieldwalking is not recorded.
Images - none
1981. NARG fieldwalking. 'Along the line of the Blofield Bypass'.
Late Saxon, medieval, post medieval sherds.
Exact findspots not recorded.
See explanation, with lists, in file.
E. Rose (NAU), 10 May 1982.
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon to 19th Century - 851 AD to 1900 AD)
- METAL WORKING DEBRIS (Undated)
- POT (Undated)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- CLAY PIPE (SMOKING) (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- ROOF TILE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...