|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Colby Hall (farmhouse)|
This late 17th century red brick house of five bays, and two storeys with wooden-cross windows has a pantile roof with low shaped gables bearing the central chimneys. The farmhouse courtyard is flanked by 18th century brick outbuildings and barn.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 2193 3062|
|Parish:||COLBY, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Red brick house of five bays, two storeys, with dormers above the end bays only. Central door. Wooden-cross windows.
Pantile roof with low shaped gables bearing central chimneys. Late 17th century. Courtyard flanked on north by red brick outbuildings with round-headed doors. Barn to south. These apparently later, 18th century. Excellent condition.
E. Rose (NAU), 4 November 1981.
(S1) in file deals with attached farm buildings though these do not appear to be of great interest. (S2) attaches the name Colby Hall to a group of buildings more or less on the site of the present Banningham Hall Farm, but as the buildings of Colby Hall are also marked, without a name, this seems to have been a printer's error.
E. Rose (NLA), 6 July 1995.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Unpublished document: UEA. 1987. UEA Historic Farm Building Survey.. |
|<S2>||Publication: Faden, W. and Barringer, J. C. 1989. Faden's Map of Norfolk in 1797. |
Related records - none
Find out more...