|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flints and post medieval pot|
Fieldwalking after the removal of the topsoil in preparation for the construction of the bypass recovered a number of finds. These include prehistoric worked flints and a piece of post medieval pot.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 2380 8215|
|Parish:||NEEDHAM, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
29 September 1980. On 30m (100 feet) contour. Surface find after topsoil removed for bypass.
One retouched flake.
One sherd post medieval oxidised ware, thick black internal and external glaze.
Identified by F. Healy (NAU).
A. Rogerson (NAU), 23 October 1980.
- FINDSPOT (Lower Palaeolithic to Post Medieval - 500000 BC to 1900 AD)
- BLADE (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FLAKE (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- RETOUCHED FLAKE (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...