|Type of record:||Building|
This complex farmhouse is difficult to interpret. A 16th century house may have been extended in the 17th century. Alternatively two houses built around 1600 were later joined. Inside there is 17th century panelling and a medieval stone fireplace. The fireplace is not original and may have been brought from Highgrove House (NHER 15508). The outbuildings consist very largely of reused stonework.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 9358 3639|
|Parish:||WALSINGHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Farmhouse, possibly 16th century, extended in 17th, or else two small houses of around 1600 later joined. 17th century panelling, and medieval stone fireplace brought from elsewhere. May have been connected with demolished Highgrove House (NHER 15508) to south; stands on old pre park road.
See (S1) in file.
E. Rose (NLA), 28 June 1996.
The outbuildings consist very largely of reused stonework.
E. Rose (NLA), 22 August 2006.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Sources and further reading
|---||Aerial Photograph: TF 9336H. |
|---||Scheduling Record: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. |
|---||Graphic Material: Various. Various. Architectural plans.. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Unpublished Document: Rose, E. (NLA). 1996. Building Report.. |
|56859||Part of: Abbey House Park, Walsingham (Monument)|
Find out more...