Record Details

NHER Number:15304
Type of record:Monument
Name:Site of Dambrigg Mill


A windmill is marked at this site on Faden's map of Norfolk made in 1797. Dambrigg Mill, a post mill, last worked here in 1900 and was pulled down between 1910 and 1914.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TM 082 901
Map Sheet:TM09SE

Full description

Site of wind mill.
Marked on (S1).
E. Rose (NAU), 25 September 1979.

Known as Dambrigg Mill.
Post mill, last worked 1900, pulled down 1910 to 1914.
E. Rose (NAU), 29 January 1982.

Monument Types

  • POST MILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
  • WINDMILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

---Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.
<S1>Publication: Faden, W. and Barringer, J. C. 1989. Faden's Map of Norfolk in 1797.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2020 Norfolk Historic Environment Service