|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of post medieval windmills, north of Mill House|
Two windmills are shown at this site on Faden's map of 1797. Bryant's map of 1826 only shows one windmill, which went out of use in 1872.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 001 417|
|Parish:||LANGHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Two wind mills marked on (S1).
E. Rose (NAU) 6 September 1979.
Only one remained by 1826, see (S2).
Last used 1872.
E. Rose (NAU) 22 March 1982.
- WINDMILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|<S1>||Publication: Faden, W. and Barringer, J. C. 1989. Faden's Map of Norfolk in 1797. |
|<S2>||Map: Bryant, A.. 1826. Bryant's Map of Norfolk. |
Related records - none
Find out more...