|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flints and Roman, medieval and post medieval pottery|
During fieldwalking in advance of the Aylsham bypass burnt and worked prehistoric flints and fragments of Roman, medieval and post medieval pottery were found at this site.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 2007 2601|
|Parish:||AYLSHAM, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
February to March 1979. Found in field south of Biggen's Farm, on line marked out for Aylsham bypass.
Found on surface of ploughed field.
Scatter of prehistoric, Roman, medieval and post medieval finds.
See file for details.
Found by Norfolk and Suffolk Metal-Detecting Society.
A. Gregory (NAU), 9 July 1979.
- FINDSPOT (Lower Palaeolithic to Roman - 1000000 BC to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- BLADE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT BOILER (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|---||Collection: Norfolk Historic Environment Record Staff. 1975-. HER Record Notes. Norfolk Historic Environment Service. |
Related records - none
Find out more...