|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||The Temple (site of)|
An 18th century garden building, which stood at the end of an avenue in Docking Park, NHER 30502. The Temple is shown on a mid 18th century estate map.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 7678 3640|
|Parish:||DOCKING, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Site of 'Temple' (landscape feature) marked on (S1).
E. Rose (NAU) 7 June 1979.
This was the terminal of an avenue extending beyond the park in 1750; the park was extended to include it in 1755.
- GARDEN FEATURE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- GARDEN HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|<S1>||Map: 1755. Docking Hall. |
|<S2>||Unpublished Document: Norfolk County Council. [unknown]. Inventory of Historic Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in Norfolk.. |
|30502||Part of: Docking Park (Monument)|
Find out more...