|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of two windmills|
Two windmills are marked at this site on Faden's map of 1797. The northern mill was blown down in 1808 and replaced by another post mill which was destroyed in 1905.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 772 432|
|Parish:||BRANCASTER, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
West side Mill Road.
Two wind mills marked on (S1), one apparently without sails.
E. Rose (NAU), 1 June 1979.
The northern mill was blown down 1808 and replaced by another post mill destroyed in 1905.
E. Rose (NAU), 29 January 1982.
- POST MILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|<S1>||Publication: Faden, W. and Barringer, J. C. 1989. Faden's Map of Norfolk in 1797. |
Related records - none
Find out more...