|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of medieval chapel|
A medieval chapel dedicated to St Botolph is recorded in Broome, but its exact location is uncertain. It was in ruins by 1558.
Images - none
|Parish:||BROOME, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Chapel - exact site unknown.
'In the town was a chapel dedicated to St Botolph, and was in ruins (as appears) in 1558'.
E. Rose (NAU), 15 May 1979.
- CHAPEL (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|<S1>||Serial: Blomefield, F.. 1809. An Essay Towards a Topographical History of the County of Norfolk.. Vol X. 375. p 111. |
Related records - none
Find out more...