|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Post medieval wind pumps|
The site of a drainage wind pump is marked on Faden's map of 1797. Bryant's map of 1826 shows two wind pumps at the site.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 595 981|
|Parish:||FORDHAM, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Site of drainage pump, marked on Faden's map, 1797 (S1).
Bryant's map, 1826 (S2) shows two mills here.
E. Rose (NLA), 6 June 2002.
- WIND PUMP (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|<S1>||Publication: Faden, W. and Barringer, J. C. 1989. Faden's Map of Norfolk in 1797. |
|<S2>||Map: Bryant, A.. 1826. Bryant's Map of Norfolk. |
Related records - none
Find out more...