|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Post medieval finds|
Fragments of post medieval pottery, brick and clay pipe were found on the surface of this field. The pottery included a glazed pipkin (saucepan) handle.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 17 89|
|Parish:||GREAT MOULTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1977. Surface scatter. .
Ten body sherds and eight rims of lead glazed earthenware (17th/18th century). Also one glazed pipkin handle and tile fragment.
Brick; clay pipe stem and late dark glass.
October-November 2018. Metal-detecting. Site extended to the whole field. .
NMD112018 - PAS details to follow.
H. Hamilton (HES), 6 December 2018.
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BRICK (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- CLAY PIPE (SMOKING) (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- UNIDENTIFIED OBJECT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...