|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Possible medieval building and medieval pottery sherds|
In 1978 medieval building materials and pottery sherds were recovered from this location. The building material suggests that there may have been a medieval structure on the site.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 1432 0546|
|Parish:||GREAT MELTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1978. On ploughed surface.
Scatter of medieval sherds, including rims, and tile and flint rubble.
Pottery held by NCM.
- BUILDING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- TILE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...